I guess I should actually write something on here every once in a while.
I don’t have much to say at the moment.
April 14Wrestling Road Diaries
I follow the Art of Wrestling podcast that Colt Cabana (Scotty Goldman) and he had been talking about the documentary he has done with Bryan Dainelson. I became a fan of Colt’s over the past few months and as I liked the podcast so I figured it would be worth the 23 bucks.
After a bit of a wait the DVD came on my birthday. I popped it in my PS3 to sit and watch it. Its a long DVD, and It took about 3 sittings to finish it.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. However its when my mom sat down and started watching it that it got more interesting. I kept hearing her comments on it as she was watching. My mom is by no means a wrestling fan however she started to laugh with everything and cringe at some of the other things. Funny enough she was getting into it. At the end of the movie she told me she really enjoyed that and watching the journey of the boys.
She really loved the watermelon eating contest and some of the antics on the road. I loved the 4th wall breaking “goodbye” scene where they drive off and saying “we are gonna be back in 20 seconds to pickup the camera man”
Overall I enjoyed the movie and and the characters.
Sadly some members of my friends on FB are grossly misinformed to the actual rules of Said site and are making shit up as they go along.. I actually decided to READ THE RULES.
On the subject of cursing according to the rules it does seem to be allowed. The closet I can see is Section 3, Sub section 7.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.”
This basically means they are not going to do anything unless you are threatening a person directly.
Now as for Facebook being a “Family Site” There is no where in the rules and terms that says that. Infact FB was founded for college students originally. Now a recent phenomenon is that “parents” have found their ways on here after seeing it on the evening news or having an account setup by someone else (in my own moms case). This doesn’t make the site wholesome. You are just another user in the cog. You are revenue and as long as you play your Farmville and post silly photos and such Facebook can care less. Remember you give them a CRAPTON of data. Which they sell to the highest lowest and even give it away (I can access it btw I have a dev account 🙂 ) . Now as for the family aspect
- You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.
This is boilerplate. Every website has had this since about 1999. There is no real check.. You lie its the same as saying your 18 on a porn site. That being said even though there are younger kids on the site there is no rule that you have to infact watch what you say.
My final point on this is. If you don’t like whats in my status update you can remove it from your feed.
There is an [X] on the right hand side of every post. You can remove single posts or block whole users. I use this liberally so I don’t get updates every time someone’s cow shits in Farmville.
Also If you don’t like what I say.. UNFRIEND me.
So Finally I would like to post the Facebook Principles.
We are building Facebook to make the world more open and transparent, which we believe will create greater understanding and connection. Facebook promotes openness and transparency by giving individuals greater power to share and connect, and certain principles guide Facebook in pursuing these goals. Achieving these principles should be constrained only by limitations of law, technology, and evolving social norms. We therefore establish these Principles as the foundation of the rights and responsibilities of those within the Facebook Service.
- Freedom to Share and ConnectPeople should have the freedom to share whatever information they want, in any medium and any format, and have the right to connect online with anyone – any person, organization or service – as long as they both consent to the connection.
- Ownership and Control of InformationPeople should own their information. They should have the freedom to share it with anyone they want and take it with them anywhere they want, including removing it from the Facebook Service. People should have the freedom to decide with whom they will share their information, and to set privacy controls to protect those choices. Those controls, however, are not capable of limiting how those who have received information may use it, particularly outside the Facebook Service.
- Free Flow of InformationPeople should have the freedom to access all of the information made available to them by others. People should also have practical tools that make it easy, quick, and efficient to share and access this information.
- Fundamental EqualityEvery Person – whether individual, advertiser, developer, organization, or other entity – should have representation and access to distribution and information within the Facebook Service, regardless of the Person’s primary activity. There should be a single set of principles, rights, and responsibilities that should apply to all People using the Facebook Service.
- Social ValuePeople should have the freedom to build trust and reputation through their identity and connections, and should not have their presence on the Facebook Service removed for reasons other than those described in Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- Open Platforms and StandardsPeople should have programmatic interfaces for sharing and accessing the information available to them. The specifications for these interfaces should be published and made available and accessible to everyone.
- Fundamental ServicePeople should be able to use Facebook for free to establish a presence, connect with others, and share information with them. Every Person should be able to use the Facebook Service regardless of his or her level of participation or contribution.
- Common WelfareThe rights and responsibilities of Facebook and the People that use it should be described in a Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which should not be inconsistent with these Principles.
- Transparent ProcessFacebook should publicly make available information about its purpose, plans, policies, and operations. Facebook should have a town hall process of notice and comment and a system of voting to encourage input and discourse on amendments to these Principles or to the Rights and Responsibilities.
- One WorldThe Facebook Service should transcend geographic and national boundaries and be available to everyone in the world.
No where does it say no cursing 🙂 So report me if you like. Get my page “shut down”. Its a free site. I can always sign back up and not friend you if you don’t like what I have to say.
October 9For Katie :)
September 20Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
I was watching Monty Python and it got to the end. Its been a while since I watched it. The song just made me happy
September 17The Great Flood 06
Hey guys this one takes place at my home.
Well Ive been in my home almost 2 months when one of the worst things that can happen happens. There is a massive flood in my basement.
at first i hope and pray its rain.
we get the pool sump pump and try to drain the water to no avail. (more…)
August 27All my friends Growing up
Alot of my friends are older than me. I am 21 and most of my friends are 25+. One of my best friends is getting married soon and its funny, because I can see myself in his shoes in a few years. Scooter has been one of my best friends ever since I met him a few years ago. The man is funny, smart and alot like myself. I have come to him for advice more than I do my own brother anymore. Just cause my brother is an asshole and dumb as a rock and scooter on the other hand is smart and didn’t burn his brain out on acid.
Reading my other older frien Stephen’s blog a few moments ago I got some great news that Stephen is gonna be scooters best man. These two guys are great people and I don’t think scooter could find anyone better.
For me I am young still. I look ahead and see this life change for one of my friends and I wonder when my time is going to come and how. I am going to deal with everything. I am still trying to establish my life and seeing someone like scooters fall into place makes me very happy.
It was asked on the Game Junkie Forum’s what has the store changed in you. Well for me personally I have met a whole crapton of great friends and a few very special friendships.
Scooter has shared things with me that are hard to talk about and thats when you show that you trust someone is when you share painful things with them. Most people put up the good face for you, when the shit hits the fan and the bad stuff happens and they talk is when you know you have a good friendship. Of course I hold what I am told in the highest confiance and don’t go telling my friends personal stuff to people that it doesn’t matter too. That being said, Scooter buddy I know your reading this man. I cannot wait to see this come to a head at your wedding.
As for Stephen, He is almost as big of an asshole as me and I think thats why I like him. I didn’t get to meet him before he left but happened by as soon as he came back last year and we hit it off well. We have a few similar hobbies and likes. The man is a fricking genius that makes me look like a moron.
Now why I am i kissing ass? I am not. I can only hope I learn somthing from these two friends of mine and hope when I am their ages I am half the men they are. They do what they love and they are happy.
So what would of like been like without the store. I wouldn’t of made 2 great friends, I wouldn’t have dropped alot of my shyness and become more of a extrovert.
1 song touched this off for me
1979 from the smashing pumpkins.
August 27The New Place
I’ve been asked a few times now to show off some photos of my new House. I don’t need internet idiots finding me I can provide a few photos of my room atleast.
I have the “master” bedroom. By sheer volume only is it “master”. I have the biggest room square foot wise! but it comes with a price. I am in the basement. I have my own bathroom and HUGE closet. and by huge I mean i could easilly fit 20-30 hobo’s in there easy.
Sadly getting furniture down the stairs is harder than it looks I cannot get my boxspring or my old desk. I just bought a new desk but box springs are expensive.
August 16PKI and other random stuff
So I had a day off today and I wanted to do SOMTHING. I decided to goto PKI. I had asked liz but she had to work. So I asked rob.
We had fun. Racer backwards ran really well.
The best buy thing is being slooowwwww. I wish they’d hurry up.